Learn more about the Shelf Life of Vacuum Packaged Food in this blog.
The Vacuum Sealer is one of the best inventions you could use at home and can be used to extend the shelf life of many different foods in your pantry, fridge or freezer.
Did you know that Pac Food is Australia’s leading supplier of high quality, great value for money vacuum sealing machines, bags and rolls that will help you extend the shelf life of a huge range of dry goods, meats, fish, vegetables and more!
Known for our exception customer service, you won’t be disappointed shopping with Pac Food.
Shelf life of Vacuum Packaged Food
How Does Vacuum Sealing Extend the Shelf Life of Food?
One of the most commonly asked questions we get is – how does vacuum sealing extend the shelf life of food? There’s a number of factors that contribute to how long foods will last.
The benefits of vacuum packaged foods include:
- Prevents contamination occurring during storage, handling or transportation of foods
- Flavours are preserved
- Reduces the risk of freezer burn, and stops products from drying out
- Oxygen is eliminated from touching the product, slowing the deterioration of food
- Vacuum sealing means that no moisture can be absorbed out the air, preserving the food’s moisture content
- Products can be purchased in bulk and split into the desired portion
- Less food wastage
Estimated Shelf Life of Different Vacuum Sealed Foods
How long do vacuum sealed or packaged foods last? Here’s our handy guide to working out how long you can store different foods for in the pantry, fridge or freezer.
|Food||Stored In||Normal Shelf Life||Vacuum Shelf Life|
|Large cuts of meat: beef, poultry, lamb and pork||Freezer||6 months||2-3 years|
|Ground meat: beef, poultry, lamb and pork||Freezer||4 months||1 year|
|Fish||Freezer||6 months||2 years|
|Nuts||Room Temperature||6 months||2 years|
*Please note: Typical storage life will vary depending on product quality and freshness at the time of packaging and all shelf lives noted are approximate.
Benefits Vacuum Packaging Foods
- Vacuum sealing leftovers in meal size portions for camping trips. Simply open the bag, empty the contents into a pan and reheat!
- Bulk meal prep in advance and vacuum seal to make mid-week dinner preparation super quick and easy
- Save on storage space in your freezer by stacking vacuum sealed bags
- Avoid nasty freezer burn by vacuum sealing foods
- Save money when by buying in bulk
- Extend the shelf life of dry food items such as coffee or flour
Vacuum Packaged Food
Why Choose Pac Food?
- Best Quality Vacuum Sealing Products in Australia
- Exceptional Customer Service
- In-stock Guarantee
Pac Food is committed to providing customers with the best products, best prices and best customer service. Perfect for domestic use – whether you love fishing, camping or buying meat in bulk – and even small food & beverage outlets such as cafes.
Take advantage of our easy and secure online ordering system. View our extensive range of bags, rolls and vacuum sealers here. Don’t forget to keep an eye on our specials section – updated regularly – or view our range of combo deals to suit every budget. Got a question? Contact us and we’ll be happy to help.