Vacuum sealing is a great way to cut down waste and extend the shelf life of your food, but how do you know that you’re getting quality vacuum sealing bags?
In this blog we share 4 things to look for when purchasing sealing bags online to ensure you are getting the best product.
At Pac Food we have an in-stock guarantee for our high-quality products which are a cost-effective and environmentally-friendly food storage solution to help with portion control, food prepping, sous vide and even camping trips.
Browse our online range of vacuum sealing bags here, or read on for more information about the best option for your needs.
How to Tell if Vacuum Sealing Bags are High Quality?
- Consistent thickness of the bag, meaning there are no thinner areas
- Equal size of the seals – should be 8mm or more so there is no seal splitting or holes in the seal
- Range of sizes so there are options for vacuum sealing various amounts of food/meals
- When it is vacuum sealed, the bags hold the vacuum and no air comes in
When buying bags online, it’s a good idea to compare cost per metre, rather than just the total cost as rolls can vary in length. So, while one product might look cheap, you may not be receiving as much for your money.
Thickness of Vacuum Sealing Bags
The standard thickness of a bag for general vacuum sealing and sous vide is about 70 microns.
For longer shelf life, it’s best to use thicker bags – 100 or 115 microns.
These thicker options can also be filled up with contents as hot as 90 degrees, which is a great option for storing foods like sauces and soups.
A thicker bag is also recommended when storing sharper items as well, such as meat with bones or prawns, that way the contents doesn’t pierce the sealed bag.
Why Choose Pac Food Bags for Your Food Storage Solutions?
Here are a few more reasons to pick Pac Food:
- Consistent and excellent quality with all products being quality controlled before they are sent to customers
- All Pac Food products are BPA free meaning the contents are safe and harmless for consumers.
- Pac Food is HACCP certified so all procedures follow strict rules in relation to hygiene, quality control etc
4 Telltale Signs to Look for When Buying Quality Vacuum Sealing Bags
Pac Food is one of the most reputable companies in the industry with products to suit both domestic and commercial use.
Pac Food is committed to providing customers with the best products, best prices and best customer service. Perfect for domestic use – whether you love fishing, camping or buying meat in bulk – and even small food & beverage outlets such as cafes.
Take advantage of our easy and secure online ordering system. View our extensive range of bags, rolls and vacuum sealers here. Don’t forget to keep an eye on our specials section – updated regularly – or view our range of combo deals to suit every budget. Got a question? Contact us and we’ll be happy to help.